View Single Post

SilverDrake
11.08.2012 , 12:53 AM | #267
For those who think that this is troll or hate post - please don't. I just had enough.

Game was incomplete from the get-go. I remember watching re-spawns deployed by shuttles on Ord Mantel, while there is no other nice cover for re-spawn on any planet, except maybe for Korriban when those monstrosities crawl out of the floor. Next planet you visit you won't see this cosmetics.

After second planet any planet falls into same pattern, nothing unique besides textures whatsoever. So we know what that means. Developers just pulled together what they had and released what they could. So we played stories, 'soul-numbed' (well said before on massively) by grinding levels on tedious tasks in-between, 'fascinated' with WoW-like combat (which I find revolting). We did it all.

We talked about all problems game has. We offered our feedback. We still do - look at posts in this thread. A bunch of bright fellas told you back in beta about game's problems. You did nothing.

And now, finally, you tell us: 'Our game is awesome. People love it and want to play it.'
Well, that's just great. No, game sucks. People play SWTOR for different reasons, but very little percent of subscription base - if any at all - plays it because it's awesome.

Then you wrote: 'The subscription requirement was driving away huge numbers of people who do not want to commit to paying monthly.'
Problems I mentioned above drive away huge number of people. Huuuuuge. Not subscription requirement. Don't try to make FTP conversion look as consequence and solution of game's problems. It is desperate try to make game profitable, that's what it is.

'The frequency of our Game Updates was way too slow.'
The quality of game updates way too low.

'People were leaving because we were not releasing new content fast enough to keep up with the pace at which it was being consumed.'
No one can cook updates fast enough. Players always consume content much faster then it is developed. It is quality of released content and new innovative features keep players busy and happy.

I won't even mention your answers to questions. Brrr.

I'm very sad to see such 'state of the game' article. To take reader for a fool is to show disrespect. You don't even admit real problems and talk about anything but true state of the game. Don't try to sell us car, please.