View Single Post

bright_ephemera
11.07.2012 , 08:30 PM | #49
So about that keeping it under control...

Chapter 20. Tatooine: Combat Prep

Crossposted from the Short Fic Weekly Challenge thread. No game spoilers.

Stand still. Shoulders back. Deep breath. Hands still. Straight-up Imperial raid. Look over the site map. Three buildings. Civilian buildings. Fourth is Imp-occupied, fair game. Remember where you are. Tatooine, here, now. Your targets are in uniforms. Fire at the uniforms, not the accents. Three friendlies with you. Remember her voice. Friendly. Republic uniform. Don't shoot.

Remember where you are. Tatooine, here, now.

One more time. Here's the site. Civilians present. Fire at the Imp uniforms. You have three friend–

"Sir!" roared M1-4X. "All systems are at optimal power! I am fully prepared to bring freedom–"

"Blast it, Forex, do not interrupt me when I'm…" I swallowed hard. When I'm standing still doing nothing? "When I'm prepping for the job," I said harshly.

Jorgan stepped in. "Give him two minutes before any time we go into combat, all right, Forex? It makes him more effective."

"Of course, sir! Any technique you find effective is one more tool we have against the Empire!"

I nodded gratefully at Jorgan and turned back to face the map. Deep breath. Hands still. Here's the site. Civilians present. Remember where you are. Tatooine, here, now. You know the Imp uniforms.

Protect everything else.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST