View Single Post

MarkusBiggus
11.07.2012 , 04:46 PM | #243
Thanks so much for taking the time to talk to us and especially to mention the Oceanic servers. I hope if you do something about them it will be in consultation with the players who have organised themselves to help address the population issue (Gav Daragon players). I would hate to have to use an overseas server. But on that issue, you do realise your down times for maintenance in the US are in the wee hours of the morning and in prime time on Oceanic servers? I don't see why we can't be done in the wee hours of the morning too. Since the client updates itself after the server upgrade, being done at the same time as the US server seems to be solely for your benefit and not the (paying) players.

On the actual state of the game, you didn't really tell us anything that wasn't already in the dev forums, I'm sure you have more interesting things to say other than stock PR motherhood statements.

You are correct in the game is awesome and I love playing it. I've never played another MMO because no other genre ever interested me enough to learn how to. I play SWTOR for a few hours every day of the week and often 12hs/day on weekends. For me the $15/mth is trivial for the amount of fun I get from it.

If I could take this opportunity to ask for two things that would improve my playing experience no end.
1. Leave the chat window on the tab I put it on. Really, stop resetting the chat window tab at every opportunity, I have to change it a hundred times a day. I've indicated my preference by clicking on the tab, LEAVE IT ALONE.

2. Leave the damn camera position alone. I reposition the camera more often than I reset the chat window. Once I've indicated my preference of behind and above my head, that should be your new default position to reset to. I've tried using the default position to play and I honestly don't believe anyone can play this game with the camera in the default position of looking up your butt.