View Single Post

Beniboybling
11.07.2012 , 02:26 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Dude, you agree with him and he wants to start an argument with you. Now you know what I had to put up with until I put him on Ignore.

Seriously, the post-RotJ ExU Novels, comics, and games make LucasArts about 20 - 50 mill per year. Post-RotJ accounts for around 5 - 20 mill. They wouldn't jeopardize that kind of revenue by declaring all of it N-Canon. There is a reason why declaring EVERYTHING in an entire storyline that takes place over several novels or comics as N-Canon is a last resort. When such a thing occurs, all prints of those novels and comics that aren't already in circulation are pulled from shelves in a recall. Leland Chee takes everything about the retcon into account before he makes that decision, and tries to find ways to declare some elements S-Canon before anything gets pulled. Novels and Comics supplemented the income of George and his family. Now they'll supplement Disney's bottom line. The recalls MIGHT have laxed since I saw it last, but as of 2009, that was how the procedure went. I watched my local comic book shop owner pull dozens of issues off the wall and box them up to send back to the warehouse, thanks to an email they got from Dark Horse, which LL had sent to them. When I asked him about it, he said they'd been recalled because it wasn't in Star Wars anymore. That was before I learned more about Canon and how seriously LucasArts takes it. At the time, I didn't think much of it because it didn't affect the Knights of the Old Republic series I was collecting.
For the record, that stat he used was mine. So I prefer if you address my arguments rather than overlook them. Admittedly I didn't post the link to my source (it didn't copy across) so here it is

As you can see, you are correct. It does make around 20-50 million a year. But in comparison to the rest of the revenue, it is minuscule. Only 7%. And as I have already said, post-ROTJ is a fraction of that, and as a I have already said the effect the films would have (as I have already said, 4 years max) would be a fraction of that. So all in all, Disney have very little to lose (probably less than 1% of there revenue) and with have no qualms about labelling stuff non-canon. So, for the third (possible fourth, and hopefully final) time: no one cares

EDIT: lets prove JarJarloves wrong, who seems to think you don't listen.