View Single Post

BadOrb
11.07.2012 , 11:29 AM | #222
Hi Jeff I really enjoyed reading your introduction to this "state-of-the-game" thread. Especially how long you have worked on MMO's and what you have done within the industry since 2000 , I have played MMO's since 2000 weirdly and realise how much fun and stress you must have had. Also your background information about why some dev's leave/have left is very insightful as there have been a lot of threads about various dev's leaving and they have been mostly very negative. Now for my two main wants for the game.

1. Speech bubbles.
2. Story quests progression ( chapter 4 onwards )

I realise that speech bubbles where in the beta , but someone pointed out that they caused performance issues. I believe they should be able to be turned off and you could make them localised ( maybe tied to the /say function ? ). Anyway the main reason why I want these is to make the game more fun and more like my type of mmo , tbh at the moment just using general chat doesn't cut it , for the fun factor at all and I'm used to games such as PSO , PSU etc.

As for the class story quests progression , well I understand that many really love end-game but for how long ? I believe that we should be looking at at least a whole new chapter per year and yes that probably is 2 planets worth per year and I realise that will be tough to do but i assure you it will keep and bring subs to this game.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12