View Single Post

AMulls
11.07.2012 , 09:35 AM | #182
I agree with the OP and see his point. Yelling at someone to spacebar serves no purpose. People know they can spacebar through conversations at this point, so if they aren't doing it, generally, it's because they want to see the cut scenes. If that's a problem for you, then deal with it how you will (watch the scenes, quit group, or vote to kick).

Here are a few of my questions though, for the "spacebar advocates" our there.

1. You say you've played the FPs 1000s of times, but you spacebar through, so how many times have you actually seen the cutscenes? I admit, I generally default spacebar, so I miss the cutscenes and end up just sitting on the choice part and waiting for everyone else to catch up. Sometimes it is nice to actually watch the cutscenes, though and enjoy the story in this "story driven mmo."

2. As has been pointed out, how much time is actually saved by spacebarring through every cutscene (outside of Esseles/Black Talon)? Is it really that important that you shave 5-10 minutes off the run, so that you can go sit in the fleet and do nothing? Complaining that someone is wasting your time in a video game seems a little ironic to me, since games are, by their very nature, time wasters.

3. Do you see the irony in complaining about a lack of content coming out when you don't even take advantage of the content you have? I am just as guilty as anyone else of skipping mobs, bosses, etc. and spacebarring through cutscenes. But that is content, whether it's your first time doing it or your 100th time. So, to complain that EA/Bioware is not putting out more content, so that you can do as little of it as possible when it comes out, seems a little disingenuous to me.

Anyway, just my two cents. Not calling anyone out or attacking anyone, just offering some food for thought.