View Single Post

Kitru
11.06.2012 , 10:40 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
If that were the case then why does Master Strike/Dispatch miss some of the time but Blade Storm never miss? I would chalk it up to yellow damage being Force/Tech and using Force/Tech accuracy while White damage is Melee/Ranged and uses that accuracy.

You chalk the difference up to Defence chance and most people claim that Force/Tech never misses. Now given that Force/Tech has a base 100% accuracy and special attacks have a 5% bonus to accuracy, I can see where that (IMO incorrect) assumption would come from.
First off, special melee attacks don't have some arbitrary 5% bonus to their accuracy.. It's a specifically listed 10% higher base hit chance. The reason there is a difference between Resistance Chance (applied to Force/Tech attacks) and Defense Chance (applied to melee/ranged attacks).

Once again, there is a *difference* between Defense Chance and Resistance Chance; having one does not equate to the other. NPCs are known to have a Defense Chance of somewhere in the region of 6-8% but to not have one whit of Resistance Chance as evidenced by the fact that Force/Tech attacks *don't* miss while melee/ranged attacks, even with a bit of accuracy, *do* miss. Blade Storm doesn't miss because it's a Force attack (100% base accuracy) and NPCs have no Resistance chance (0% chance); combine those 2 aspects and you get a 100% hit chance without every stacking a point of accuracy. Special Melee attacks miss because they are special melee attacks (explicitly listed in your character tab as having 100% base accuracy compared to the 90% base accuracy of a basic melee attack) and NPCs have a known Defense Chance (in the 6-8% range); even including the ~4% accuracy, those 2 facts combine to get you a roughly 2-4% miss chance. Keyboard Ninja's 5% miss chance number comes from 6% defense and 1% legacy accuracy. It's not some arbitrary 5% additional accuracy for melee attacks.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.