View Single Post

CosmicKat
11.06.2012 , 12:20 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vicente View Post
Huh, I thought I responded to this thread, but sifting through, I wasn't able to find my post, so I'll repeat what I intended to say:

I can definitely see where the OP is coming from, but I'd like to present the flip side of the argument.

As an Sith RP'er, I come across an inordinate amount of characters, saying TO THE FACE OF A SITH, that they do not care what the Sith have to say, that the Sith are stupid, etc. Now, it is perfectly valid for a character, or even a player, to have these opinions, and to share them with close, like-minded people. But the sheer number of characters who will brazenly insult the Force users with the reputation of being the most violent and unforgiving people in the Galaxy to their face --- then refuse to acknowledge that this would come with consequences --- drives me up a wall.

That said, there are faults on both sides, but when the proper balance is achieved on both sides, the RP runs great.
The lore of the Sith does not work in any real world, even a game one. It's silly and cartoonish and doesn't stand up to logic.

Any organization that thrives on promotion by murder will consume itself rapidly. Darth Bob kills Darth Jane, now Darth Bob is weak, so Darth Suzy kills him, and so on and so on... It can only exist in a short-form medium such as a movie or tv show. The alternate-reality Evil Star Trek universe has the same issue. It just does not work on any logical level in a continuing medium like RP in a persitent game world. To play it in an ongoing world, it has to be played differently from the lore or it will fall apart.