View Single Post

MidichIorian
11.05.2012 , 11:21 AM | #8
First, people shouldnt post parses in which they have armor debuffs. Although it's a more accurate reflection of a real fight it makes it really hard for others to compare, on behalf of not everyone having someone to give them the armor debuff around at all times.

So I would like to know how high people parse wwithout armor debuffs and what your latencies are. I posted a thread called Latency VS Dummies but I messed up and picked the wrong forum so my expectations on that are low.
The short version is that despite using a ship dummy I'm noticing severe packet losses and latency on the dummy. This is not something that happens on real enemies which implies that something is "off". My TK isnt always showing up, fib values I was proud over when fighting the dummy arent logged and the worst, the dots that arent showing up half the time. My latency is never below 130ms and I'm playing on a US server despite being in EU so I'm guessing that might have something to do with it.

What I don't get though is how things seemingly are working just fine in operations and pvp. Or maybe they're not and I'm just performing well anway. I do tend to pull a lot of aggro in operations though and in 99 cases out of 100 I'll out'dps the rest of the sorcs/sages in my warzones (not kidding and I'm probably being modest with that number).