View Single Post

Temeluchus
11.04.2012 , 11:12 AM | #63
Why all the doom and gloom when the EU has been specifically stated by Lucas, Chee and others at LA as being in a parallel universe to the movie universe(incluing TCW tv series) for years now? Sometimes the two universes run together as in novelizations of the movies, specific characters and the like, but they are meant to not intrude on each other.

Any reboot,remake,or expansion of the movies Disney does, no matter how bad or good, will take place in the Movie Universe and not the EU. The sky isn't falling, EU fans, and if you are lucky Disney may elevate some of our favorite EU stories up in canon by adding them to the Movie Universe.

Just because inevitably someone will ask for a source :

"There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "Thereís my world, which is the movies, and thereís this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universeóthe licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They donít intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I donít get too involved in the parallel universe."

"When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.Ē