View Single Post

Beniboybling
11.04.2012 , 07:27 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
Now I could see them taking some characters from the Eu and adding them in new stories ie make Thrawn a major vilian in the new series but they won't make the Thrawn Trilogy they will give him a new story. Just like they did with the Marvel movies.
TBH, I think this is a good idea. Tons of people want the Thrawn trilogy to be adapted into film, but that isn't going to happen. But Thrawn (I know next to nothing about him) seems like a cool character, and a supervillain with a bit of background to him which will make it more appealing to fans. And seeing as the trilogy has already been dislodged by the prequels, why not push it the whole way give him a new story. Lots of people won't like that, but if its done well Thrawn will be given a proper, top-canon place in the universe and his own cinematic, can't really complain about that. They can also introduce characters like Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn, which seem like great characters. Lucas has already drawn from the EU to make his films, don't see why it can't be done again.