View Single Post

Evuo
11.02.2012 , 01:33 PM | #15
Summarizing what's been said so far in this thread for the OP:

Quote:
1) is a shield tech build viable for pvp (do you actually have enough power to kill someone if you are wearing full Super Commando PVP gear)
No, not with "full" supercommando gear. Your damage is output lacks the ability to put pressure on opponents without a noticeable gain in survivability. Instead, seek to have a mix of dps and tanking gear.

My personal thoughts:
All spec trees are viable, just not as good as others at doing their job. It wouldn't surprise me to see an Arsenal Merc/Gunnery Commando hit upwards of 800k damage in a game similar to the screenshot the poster above me had; and you're probably used to seeing how many complaints there are about that spec being viable. Similar to that spec doing damage versus another, I'd much rather have another tank AC perform the tank role in a warzone if needed. Due to the other two tank ACs having a bigger bag of tricks.

Quote:
2) what role do you usually find yourself playing, guarding nodes, guarding healers, running interference while others cap nodes or all of the above
You can guard a node solo and will certainly do better at dealing with attacks while support comes than some specs. However, you'd be better off supporting (debuffing, stunning, attempting to peel for your healer, assisting dps, rotating guard) you teammates in the thick of the action.

My personal thoughts:
This spec is the most dependant team spec in the game. Solo shield tech isn't going to kill 2 people at the East node quickly and cap it. You need to play with somebody, preferably a healer, and stick around them. You can guard a node solo if needed, but I'd prefer someone with stealth and mez capability.

Quote:
3) What type of augments do you guys use in your PVP armor, main stat? defense? absorb? endurance? power? or a combo of all of them, should I have more augments of one type over the other?
Aim.

Quote:
4) What build do you guys use, is this 31/8/2, seems like a solid build for 50 PVP? http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301G0GrdoroGRZMsbZb.2
Pretty much any spec variation of at least 31 in Shield Tech will work. You can go the full pve cookie cutter tank spec and be fine.

My personal thoughts:
I always at least grab the Neural Overload and No Escape talents in the Shield Tech tree and the Advanced Tools talent in the Advanced Prototype tree. Any slow is better than no slow, and the root on stealth scan plus the pull (cooldown reduced by 10 seconds with Advanced Tools) just makes it that bit more annoying.