View Single Post

uziforyou
11.02.2012 , 12:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Yes, but you are paying a little less than double if you buy off the vendor. The moderate mission costs 2150 and you are all but guaranteed 10 (Yes yes there is a chance of failure, but you are just as likely to crit and get double so it balances out). that's 215 each. If you have the time you are FAR better off sending a companion on the mission.

As for the GTN, all you are doing is paying someone else to run the mission for you, so you obviously are going to pay more.

In all MMOs, time and in-game money are interchangeable commodities: You can save credits by taking more time and you can save time by spending more credits.
Well said and I agree that the most economic way to get these is through crew missions.

Having said that, I buy them from the vendor unless I'm making pile of items. Why? because money is so easily had in this game. As you stated, credits and time are interchageable commodities. With money so easily had I'd rather spend that than the time to search the GTN or run muliple crew skill missions.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."