View Single Post

Captain_Zone
11.02.2012 , 10:38 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
nah its not, he will never base his movie on something that was written by some random author, the true canon are the movies. You can choose to believe that rest is also canon but thats your choice. Fact is the new movies wont be based at all on the EU, and i even doubt there will be any mentions.
Actually it is. And since George is no longer in control, there will be a major split in Canon if or when they write a "retcon" story in movie form. It WILL become a true alternate universe. Leland Chee was tasked with making everything fit into the Canon system as much as possible. He's done a great job of it, so far. With the Disney takeover, I can see the OT, PT, and ExU becoming one universe, with the new movies becoming the true alternate universe. Remember that G-Canon is George Canon. Everything HE puts on paper or in a movie story-wise. With George no longer in control, G-Canon is only what's already done. He isn't writing the new movie. He's not directing or producing it. He will get a "Created By" credit, but that's about it. Chee will probably give the new Episodes a D-Canon rating. Disney Canon. Which won't override C-Canon, but will coexist in its own alternate reality,
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.