View Single Post

sumuser
11.02.2012 , 05:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
So instead of punishing the person guilty by kicking the healer, you punish the entire group? You do know the healer is the only one within the group responsible for healing the tank right? Kick the healer if they donít heal, but you may want to find out first why they are not healing. I am also sure you understand in some instances like Kaon that the healer can get stun locked making it impossible for them to heal you and it is dps and your responsibility to get the lock off the healer. The healer can escape it once, but when the tank has aggroed everything in creations they just get locked up again and it takes help to get out before the cooldown is up again.

Got in a group last night, Koan, and the tank hadnít been there was bare minimum or below gear and refuse to ask for help. Kept saying he had been there, but it had been awhile when dps asked if he needed help. Got to the turrets and the tank never got on the turret, so we died, one dps quit followed by the tank. No harsh word were exchanged, no blame was assigned. Q for about 3 mins and got new dps and tank, finished with no problems. Before the tank left though, neither the tank or the dps worried about the healer in stun lock constantly.

FYI: Healers can have instant queues too if they go at the right time. If I go as soon as I get home on my healer, then it is instant. On my dps that I do with a guild tank, they are usually instant, but have taken 5 to 10 mins at times. The only way I know to get a true instant queue it to hit group finder with a tank and healer. Which we do on weekends.
The healer is my best friend in any situation as a tank. I'm always aware of where he or she is and do everything I can to keep them alive. In fact, I haven't had to quit a single HM FP due to drama so far (knock on wood). I have had to quit a grp in the BH running the heroic there because I did have a healer who completely ignored me and was just healing the others in the grp (I wasn't tank spec'ed though)... Really left a bad taste in my mouth and am kinda sensitive to any grp member who decides to single someone out as "punishment" for not following some unwritten protocol.

It's like, not everyone knows how to play their toon to their max. I have been in so many grps where someone would always break CC, or a DPS'er who ignores trash only to help me (tank) kill an elite or boss... Unless they are being a genuine d*ck I try to roll with the punches and look at it as a challenge. I've never decided for instance to force an eager DPS'er to "tank what he pulls" you know? I'm the tank, and as the tank I'm going to do my role to the best of my ability regardless of the other group member's lack of skill / team work / noobness.

But if someone is like, "you did what? Oh screw you, you're on your own" (like what happened to me in the BH when I was learning dps) I could see myself going "f-you, I'll just instant que in a new pug"

I would never leave good intentioned players hanging though... And if it was just one person, I would first try a group kick before throwing in the towel.
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior