View Single Post

TrakonBazzaak
11.01.2012 , 01:51 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by LordPorkins View Post
It seems Disney intends to take forward Episode 7 with a new storyline. I think this is good news, there will be less of a feeling that a dead horse is being flogged, and hopefully not too many geriatric ex- star wars actors turning up.

Although I can see Mark Hamill coming back as the new Obi Wan Kenobi role.

What is also good news, is that the ridiculous post ROTJ books will not be made into films. Star Wars is the films, for better or for worse, and devaluing the product to make more money by releasing all these books and comics, is a sad reality of the modern world. We don't need to compound this by turning them into films.

The franchise needs a proper reboot, like they achieved with Star Trek, not re-animating second class literature.
If they do a reboot of this franchise, I will cut the rebel insignia tattoo on my arm off with a razor blade dipped in malice and hatred.

I will also never give another cent of my money to Disney, or any other affiliated businesses.

This isnt some Marvel crap storyline written by some hack writer paid in booze and heroin. This is a 30 year legacy. This is a major part of the worlds sci fi mythos. For many Star Wars is a religion.

REboot this series?

You need to put down the crackpipe sir.

PS: Star Trek wasnt rebooted. The new movie depicted an alternate timeline. I guess you fell asleep from boredom by the point in the movie that you learn that.
It may be nobody wants to be heroes except when it doesn't count, when it isn't challenging, that people would rather fight "pretend evil" than the real thing, but I don't personally believe that. I still think people are better than that.
Raph Koster