View Single Post

Jherad
10.31.2012 , 12:21 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Rage is out of balance and hopefully not the barometer by which other classes' effectiveness should be judged
You know who I'll need to hear that from before I believe it? Bioware. Right now Rage IS the defacto standard for DPS in PvP.

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone! I talked to Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer) about Commandos and Mercenaries and their situation in PvP right now, and he had this to say:

I think it's fair to say that Mercenaries and Commandos have escape issues. Admittedly, they can be very hard to catch when used correctly to hug corners, but a lot of that "escapability" falls aside when attacked by multiple melee enemies, at which point they just aren't quite tough enough to sustain without further escapes. We have plans for the future that should give Mercenaries and Commandos better escapes in PvP.
Heh. There's a 60+ page thread on this very forum pertaining to the problems with mercs and commandos (as well as multiple threads on both AC forums). I suggest Austin have a lackey read it for him, if he's unwilling to himself.

'Escape issues'. Hah. 'When used correctly to hug corners'. Hah. 'Plans for the future'. Hahah. We're pretty much the official target-dummies of SWTOR at this point, aren't we.

Whelp, thanks for posting.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol