View Single Post

Carambole
10.29.2012 , 09:19 AM | #1
I decided to write this post due to something close to heart. Namely online bullying.

According to the news yet another teenager has been taken care of (with lack of better words) due to playing world of warcraft. Apparently he played 9 hours a day, became a-social and developed abnormal speeling patterns. It became so bad they had to take care of him.

What pisses me of is that I was in a similar position 3 years ago. I played world of warcraft but it was an addiction and very very bad for my health. It wasn't uncommon to see people ingame run around named *****roth etc. There was also alot of sexist ******** back then. Alot of people were getting away with harassing whoever saw them. If you were in the line of fire then too bad for you. This was doubly bad for myself due to the fact of me being over sensitive. I had had a nervous breakdown 10 years ago.

SwtoR has so far an excellent community. Obviously there are still trolls no matter where you are but I want to make sure the community takes it's responsibility and tries to counter any kind of online bullying wherever it may surface.
The Unknown is Shifting

www.gamezoneeden.se