View Single Post

ArchangelLBC
10.28.2012 , 10:23 PM | #571
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
Lol cute tactic. Ask everyone who doesn't agree with you to stop posting. Let me think about that...

...NO THANKS GUY!!!

Ever seen a merc do 1 million damage in a regular length WZ? Guss what. They still wouldn't even if they could free-cast the entire time. Merc DPS needs an upgrade ESPECIALLY burst.
I'm sure pretty much everyone would be hard pressed to put up a million damage in even a full length void star. The recent thread where a Rage Mara did it? Even he admitted that it was a mystical aligning of the stars. You basically need an incredibly well geared and well played DPS with a massive spammable AoE that is nevertheless being constantly healed through by the other team, while you yourself have a set of good healers on YOUR team to keep you up.

Fact is I've never seen ANYONE do a million damage in any warzone EVER. Peak I've seen is a around 600k. I did in the high 500s on a full length void star on my commando once, and I saw a mara get close to 600k on a Novarre where south went a long time without being capped.

Fact is that as different as they are any sort of major DPS upgrade in PVP would probably unbalance things on the PVE side without a major rework. At least for gunnery/arsenal. Assault/Pyro might be a different story, if you just upgrade the burst, but I'd much rather see a talent to make Charged Burst proc plasma cell 100% of the time and a talent way up in the tree making it instant. See how those two changes (or just one of them, preferably the second) affect things before they go making big changes.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd