View Single Post

drfumblez
10.28.2012 , 03:54 PM | #23
The Boisterous Hutt Cantina, Coruscant

"I don't believe you," Nayar grumbled as he eyed his friend. She only smirked at him, slipping him the datapad as she took a sip of her own drink.

"Doesn't matter if you do or don't, Captain, the facts are there," she waved his protest aside. "I did my homework throughly. The only thing I discovered about this artifact is that it has no information. "

"Not a single thing, though? Not even who might want it?" Nayar pressed. "Come on, Princess. You're hanging me from my own noose here."

"Sorry, Captain. Whatever this thing is, it was either recently made, or history didn't bother to take note of it."

Nayar pinched the bridge of his nose, then sighed, shook his head, and reached for his Reactor Core drink. "Well, kriff. Thanks for trying, I guess."

"Hey, I saw the reward money. If I really had anything, I would have told you."

"Yeah. Say, how's that treasure hunt of yours going?"

"impossible, that's what. I might even have to talk to your friendly neighborhood b*tch if i need to get things done," she complained.

"You really don't like each other, do you?" Nayar grinned.

"She set my hair on fire and blew up my ship!" his contact angrily retorted.

"After you sucker-punched our contact, and incinerated our other droid. Rest in pieces, UM-4D," Nayar whispered solemnly, suppressing his laughter.

"That's besides the point," she grumbled, crossing her arms. Nayar shook his head and grinned at her cheekily. She glanced at him, and sighed, "You've got that look on your face. . ."

"You could always hire me. . . after all, with my handsome looks, witty comebacks, endless charm, and all-around bad-@ssery, how could you fail?" Nayar queried.

"When you meet someone who has all of that, let me know, Captain. Until then, keep working on that charm," she snarkily replied, and slid out of her seat, running a hand through her pinned up hair.

"Touché, mon petit fleur," Nayar chuckled. "Thanks for the info, though. Or lack thereof."

"Anytime, Captain."