View Single Post

Xethis
10.28.2012 , 02:49 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EatenByDistance View Post
Um, you do realize Arika spec doesn't run lightening charge...right? So it doesn't do more damage...And you don't get Raze lol. That stuff is noted in my linked skill tree.

Really, you're gonna take 20% crit over 50% crit on Shock (which has a very short cd compared to Death Field) and Discharge?

Also nonexistent, Raze only procs on things affected by Lightening Discharge, which Arika doesn't use. If you think Arika should/can run Lightening Charge you're just wrong on a whole other level.

Death Field heal is basically worthless without speccing into Devour which you won't do unless you are full Madness. Irrelevant.

Low Slash fills MUCH less resolve, does some damage and has a quarter the cooldown. Not a tie.

Arika's Discharge does 50% LESS crit damage. Arika's shock does 50% LESS crit damage. Arika doesn't use Raze and thus, never uses Crushing Darkness.

So basically, you get 20% crit damage on Death Field and a paltry melee bonus. And it misses out on huge crit damage on Shock/Discharge, Low Slash, 10 extra force, 30% AoE damage reduction, more or less 6% flat damage reduction, Low Slash, Saber Conduit regen and Static Charges. NOT WORTH IT
Wow, I never knew that the Arika spec was used with Surging Charge, sorry I missed that. I guess I saw the spec and just assumed it was ran in Lightning Charge. In that case your spec is miles ahead of the Arika spec, and I apologize for questioning your opinion on the Arika spec. And the more I think about the Arika spec being run in Surging Charge the more I wonder why this spec was ever utilized by anyone, seems like alot of wasted points just to get Death Field crits.

I guess the spec that I have been using for pvp and pve is the Mad Maul spec, coined by Sookster. Its a Madness rotation only your Mauls hit really really hard. So I do apologize for the misunderstanding and I did not mean to discredit you by any means.

I do stand firmly though that I think the Mad Maul spec (0-14-27)(in Lightning Charge) can still put out quite a bit more dps than your spec. I will explain why, ability vrs ability.

First, Discharge in Lighting Charge is significantly more damage than the Discharge from Surging Charge, its been proven many times.

Second, you compared your Shock to my Death Field based on the last few points spent in each tree. You claimed that it is far more beneficial to have 50% crit on Shock than it is to have 20% on DF. Based off the actual talent points spend then you would be correct. But with my current stats my DF will crit for 3941. And if I add 50% crit to my current Shock it only crits for 3803. There are other factors to these abilities that need to be taken into consideration other than the possible damage they can pump out. You did mention that Shock is on a 6 second cd and will be used more frequently, you are correct. However DF hits mulitple targets and at range and increases my dot damage from Discharge and Raze. It is pretty hard to tell which one will actually do more damage over time. But personally I think these two abilities aren't the ones that need to be compared to each other.

Third, in all honesty I believe the ability used by Mad Maul that more closely is compared to your Shock is my Raze. As far as frequency they are used about as much, you need two stacks of Induction, I have a 50% proc off of an ability. My first Raze proc most of the time will proc with in my first two Thrash's. As far as frequency during a fight we will both average two on just about every encounter. And just like with Discharge, it has been proven time and time again that Raze is more damage than Shock even with your 50% crit bonus.

Fourth, your added damage mitigation vrs my heals. 6% extra damage mitigation is much better than 1% chance heals on a 1v1 hands down. The heals however can pull ahead in a long drawn out battle where my dots can be spread around and I am constantly getting 1% back from roughly 35% of my dot ticks. In the end I still believe that you will mitigate more damage over all than I will heal so you definitely win this round.

Fifth, our utility, Low Blow vrs instant Whirlwind. All the points you made were solid. Low Blow can be used far more frequently with far less affect on resolve. So on a single target or a duel Low Blow will be more beneficial. However our Electrocute was knocked down to 10m and in your current spec you have 0 skills that can stop a third party healer, or a BH/Trooper unloading on you from range. You have to eat it, I don't. I stand firmly that these two abilities are equal to each other given that each are used for completely different scenarios.

Recap, each of my abilities hit harder than yours. My Discharge is far more damage than yours. My Raze does more damage than your Shock. My DF crits 20% harder and ups my dot damage. Maul, Assassinate, and Thrash do about 5% more damage than yours. You are harder to kill, and we both have some nice utility.

Your spec does sound very appealing and I will definitely give it a try. I might come back to this post in a week or so completely changing my views lol. You should do the same, I think you might have a very nice surprise to see how bursty Mad Maul can actually be.