View Single Post

Xethis
10.27.2012 , 03:08 AM | #5
When I first started reading this I was initially disagreeing with alot of what you were saying but I do appreciate the detail you used because I found that I did learn a thing or two. It is quite obvious that you have spent some time as 23-1-17 and 0-27-14. But I don't agree with everything you said about the other specs.

As far as 23-1-17, everything thing you said was 100% right on, you said it much better than I ever could. This is a utility spec and is designed to maximize as much utility that the Assassin can pump out. One thing you forgot to mention (probably because its too obvious) was to always use your Maul on an EW proc as this is your only real burst ability. Thrash by itself is more damage than Thrash/Shock (even energized), the only exception is when you have Recklessness available.

As far as the Arika (0-14-27) I have some questions for you. I felt you put this spec down alot and used its negatives to support the positives from your spec. You claim that your spec does way more damage than Arika's but there are a few things that you left out from this spec that have huge impact on how this spec plays. Lets start by comparing the Discharges. Your Discharge from Surging Charge is good for 4k-5k damage when it crits, which is pretty damn good for an instant ability. The Discharge from Arika's spec is good for 4k damage (with 2-3 dot cirts out of 8 ticks) every single cast, and its spammable. Arika's Discharge will do 10 times the damage of your Discharge through out any WZ. Unearthed Knowledge offers about 5% more overall damage to Maul, Thrash, and Assassinate. That does not sound like much, but it is definitely better. DF will crit 20% harder, again not alot, but better. Even though your Shock is gimped a bit by not going full Deception, your Shock is definitely better with 50% crit bonus and 50% reduced force cost, as Arika specced I would only be using this during my Dark Embrace buff to apply UK. The Main thing you left out though was the Raze procs, pretty big. I think you can appreciate how powerful this ability is, and it is safe to say that it again trumps your Shock. 6% damage mitigation is a very sexy talent, and the increased survivability is definitely a win for your spec. The Arika has some healing back, granted probably not going to make a difference in a 1v1, but I still rake in 15k-30k healing in a WZ with it. Now lets look at instant Whirlwind vrs Low Slash, both are basically mezzes that break on damage. Instant Whirlwind has a 30m range and lasts 8 seconds with a 2 second stun if broken. The bad thing is its on a long 1min cooldown. Low Blow is only 4 seconds and only used with in 4m, but does some pretty sexy damage as well as very short Cool down. I would personally give this one a tie, picking either of these is a win. They are both very nice abilities.

I have really tried to dig down and support your claim here but I just do not see how your spec can do more damage or even out burst the Arika spec. To recap, Arika has a much better Discharge, 5% better damage with all standard melee attacks, little bit better DF and Raze proc Crushing Darkness is way better than Shock. How do you figure that your spec can do more damage when every single one of your abilities you have, Arika spec can do better.

Ive heard that even full Deception can out burst Arika, but I beg to differ. Open up with DF, Dishcharge and Shock (for UK), then Thrash spam till you get Raze and EW procs, its soooo much damage. And if this rotation takes them below 30%, well all Assassins know how sexy it gets from there.