View Single Post

NoFishing
10.26.2012 , 04:12 PM | #170
Thank you for responding so clearly and completely.

Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
When Explosive Conflict was released, it was stuffed full of Black Hole Commendations in all difficulty modes, which was not actually intentional.
I find this somewhere between strange to unbelievable....EC was on the PTS for what, 5 weeks? During that time, guilds were live streaming it, writing strategy guides, and posting what rewards dropped. It doesn't seem likely that you were not aware of what was dropping from which bosses/chests in story mode. If it wasn't intended, it would have been changed then?

Now if you meant to say you weren't sure at the time what story mode EC should reward, so erred on the side of being generous, especially combined with the 1.4 nerfs, I can see that.

Unfortunately, we erred on the low side with those incentives and failed to communicate the changes for 1.4. We apologize for the oversight.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for acknowledging this AND the apology! I forgive you. :-)

So here are the changes you'll be seeing in 1.4.3:
- Increased Black Hole Commendations granted by [WEEKLY] Galactic Operations from 8 to 15.
- Increased Black Hole Commendations granted by [WEEKLY] Galactic Crisis Points from 8 to 20.
- The final boss of Terror From Beyond now drops additional Black Hole pieces in story mode. (+2 in 8-man, +4 in 16-man)
- The final boss of Explosive Conflict now drops additional Black Hole pieces in story mode. (+2 in 8-man, +4 in 16-man)
Nice, but with the improvement in rewards, I strongly suggest changing the boss that completes the weekly to at least the 3rd, or maybe even the final boss, and give the 2nd boss half the BH drops. Those rewards are worth running at least 3 bosses.

- [WEEKLY] Deadly Operations now grants 10 Black Hole Commendations.
- In nightmare mode, the Dessler Turbo is now guaranteed to drop directly from Karagga the Unyielding.
- In nightmare mode, most bosses in Karagga’s Palace now have a chance to drop the M0-GUL Thrall Droid or Karagga’s Unyielding Helm.
I don't see any problems with that, although we could use a clarification on what "most" means. I would guess the final 3 or 4 bosses. Any chance of getting two helms in one run (from different bosses, obviously)?