View Single Post

Tatile
10.25.2012 , 05:35 PM | #2558
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Well, they aren't discriminating against players on the basis of orientation (other than the delay over inclusion, but there is nothing to be done about that now short of, oh, I don't know, an apology maybe?) but this topic is being handled in a different manner on account of its controversial subject matter quarantined, as it were, for its own protection from hostile attention.
Well, given that EA and Bioware have included LGB-positive content in previous games (that is: one can have same-sex romances in those games) but have decided not to include it in Star Wars: The Old Republic, says to me that they are deliberately treating this subject matter, the content and, arguably, the community who wants said content, differently for no truly expressed reason other than they think it is not as important as opposite-sex romances. I content that if same-sex and opposite-sex romances were considered of equal importance, they would have been recorded and programmed at the same time and would have been released at the same time. For some reason in Star Wars: The Old Republic, EA and Bioware have decided to turn their back on a standard that they themselves set, largely without outside influence.

I don't believe they are every going to apologise. At this point in time, I would say that the management at Bioware are probably feeling pretty damn pleased with themselves, thinking they have handled the situation admirably.