View Single Post

bright_ephemera
10.24.2012 , 03:30 PM | #52
---

- A shuttle pad on Corellia. Sevasht and Quinn move to intercept a middle-aged swaggering smuggler type. And by smuggler we mean secret agent. -
Agent: Well, well. Some days you just can't land secretly on a planet.
- frame: The agent strolls up to face the two. -
Agent: You're the apprentice Darth Baras thought he'd killed. Wow. I've studied you, y'know. You're a personal hero of mine.
Sevasht: You have got to be kidding me.
Quinn: Another stalker, my lord?
Sevasht: Another stalker. Vette was right. I have to get proactive. I have to find somebody to creep on, because this arrangement is ridiculously one-sided.
Agent: I wasn't finished admiring your exploits, Sith.
Sevasht: I know my exploits! I was there! Get away from me, you scary creepy man!
Agent: I'm afraid I have to kill you. I've imagined fighting you. Planned it.
- frame: Quinn opens his mouth, looking concerned. The agent talks over him. -
Agent: I've got a good idea of what to do.
- frame: A scowling Sevasht one-shots the agent. -
- frame: Quinn and Sevasht stand over the fallen agent. -
Quinn: A pity, really. I would have liked to compare notes with him on how to kill you.
Sevasht: I wouldn't!

---

- Corellia. Sevasht listens to Servant Eleven on holo while his crew looks on. -
Servant Eleven: We have finally located Vowrawn's hidden base.
Sevasht: Finally? Wouldn't he have just told us? He's our ally.
Servant Eleven: He…doesn't know that part yet. Actually he assumes you're still Baras's man and a sworn enemy.
Sevasht: …
Quinn: My lord, if you wish to stalk someone, you might consider Darth Vowrawn. Evidently no one else is interested in giving us accurate information about him.

---

- Corellia. Sevasht listens to Servant Eleven on holo while his crew looks on. -
Servant Eleven: Vowrawn works in a Corellian office building deep in Republic territory. His guards are Imperial troops dressed as Republic soldiers while serving Vowrawn. Got all that?
Sevasht: I think so.
- An office lobby on Corellia. Sevasht & co. enter to meet a squad in Republic uniform: Vowrawn's disguised guard. -
'Republic' Leader: Halt, Evil Sith Who I'm Opposed To! I'm very Republic and you're not!
Sevasht: Relax, I know we're on the same side. Probably.
'Republic' Leader: I have no idea what you're talking about, Evil Sith Who I'm Opposed To.
Pierce: Permission to kill 'em all, milord?
Sevasht: They're fellow Imperials!
Pierce: They're clearly pretending not to be. Fair game.
'Republic' Leader: Sorry, my lord, but we're really not on your side right now.
- frame: The 'Republic' leader signals. Gas starts pouring in from vents around the room. -
– frame: Quinn slips on a gas mask immediately, as do Vowrawn's 'Republic' forces. -
[FIGHT]
- wider frame: Sevasht's party is overcome by gas and the 'Republic' squad; Quinn, protected by his gas mask, is firing at Sevasht. -

---

- An office lobby on Corellia. The poison gas is slowly clearing; Quinn, wearing a gas mask, is directing a handful of Vowrawn's guards, similarly masked. -
Quinn: Well done. I shall see to cleanup here; return to your posts. FOR THE EMPIRE.
- frame: Vowrawn's forces head out. The gas continues to disperse. Quinn leans over Sevasht. -
Quinn: ?
- frame: Sevasht revives via medical probe droid. -
- frame: Sevasht dusts his armor off. -
Quinn: My lord. Can we speak freely?
Sevasht: Yeah. The others don't revive 'til I say so.
Quinn: Noted.
Sevasht: You tipped Vowrawn's people off about us coming, huh?
Quinn: Yes, my lord. They believe I was an undercover Vowrawn loyalist reporting you to protect Vowrawn from your approach. I called ahead to suggest they lay this trap.
Sevasht: Not bad, not bad. That was a painful death.
Quinn: You're too kind, my lord.
- frame: Sevasht starts the Sith Warrior regeneration animation. Quinn takes off his gas mask. -
Quinn: I was curious to see what would happen when I killed you again. This appears to have had minimal impact.
Sevasht: I'm sure Darth Baras will be pleased anyway.
Quinn: I hope so. Will it contribute to this 'ragequit' he has spoken of?
Sevasht: I'm not telling.
- frame: Sevasht lounges against the wall, looking at Quinn. -
Sevasht: You were curious, huh? You know, I always thought you were a drone incapable of thought outside the bounds of a tactical sandbox.
Sevasht: The fact that you pieced together your role in the metaphysical hierarchy of companion vs. player character is mind-boggling. I never thought you had it in you.
Quinn: I play dumb most of the time, my lord.
Sevasht: Ah. Well, it works.
- frame: Quinn looks annoyed. Sevasht grins. -
Sevasht: You figured it out, you carried out your boss's orders to kill me even knowing that it would lead into a total unknown, and you're not even slightly bothered. Brains, nerve, and the most terrifying work ethic I've ever seen…I hate to say it, but I'm starting to respect you.
Quinn: Thank you, my lord.
Sevasht: And as long as we're stuck together…well, you're not all bad, Mal.
- frame. Quinn stares, alarmed. -
Quinn: What did you just call me?
Sevasht: Mal.
- frame. Sevasht grins maliciously. -
Sevasht: Little tip I picked up from Vette. There are things I can't change, like being with you while you're perpetually trying to kill me. And there are things you can't change, like any indignities I can think of to heap upon you as retribution.
Quinn: …well played, my lord.
- frame: Quinn sulks. -

---

- An office lobby in Corellia. Sevasht's crew is slowly standing up. -
Sevasht: Close one, guys, but we cleared the gas in time.
Quinn: Yes. We avoided death.
Sevasht: Exactly.
Quinn: No one died here.
Sevasht: It was brilliant, really.
Pierce: Didn't I see Quinn in the process of shooting you when I passed out?
- Sevasht and Quinn exchange looks. -
Sevasht: Nope.
Quinn: I was shooting an enemy very close to him.
Sevasht: Yup. No worries.
Pierce: It's just that you're Darth Baras's spy, see, and that looked an awful lot like you led us into a trap that you alone were prepared to survive.
- frame: Sevasht and Quinn look very awkward. Sevasht is shading towards resignation. -
Quinn: Lieutenant, that's an outrageous accusation.
Sevasht: But an accurate one. It would take too long to explain, Pierce. Quinn's a backstabbing weasel, but he stays with us. Period.
Pierce: You have the strangest taste in support staff, milord.
Sevasht: Believe me, I know.

---

- The office lobby in Corellia. Broonmark and Jaesa are already looking restless. -
Jaesa: Any guards left to kill?
Sevasht: Yes, I'm sure there's more on the way to Vowrawn's office.
Jaesa: Yay!
- frame: The crew files into the hallway, Jaesa bounding in the lead. -
Sevasht, muttering to Quinn: You won't betray us in there, too, will you?
Quinn: I had nothing planned, my lord, but if a really good opportunity comes up...
- Quinn coughs. -
Quinn: I mean, no, of course not.

---
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST