View Single Post

ripster
10.22.2012 , 02:03 PM | #112
I'm still considering going F2P. I always intended to primarily go through all 8 class stories and I probably could have done that by now but I just don't have the free time that I used to. Most of the restrictions don't affect me too much. I don't craft or raid. PvP has been more of a distraction but it is fun. I like the space missions so that limitation will be felt every once in a while. I could see myself dropping a couple bucks here or there for some PvP or space passes depending on the price and what new zones they add.

The one restriction that I will probably feel the most is the species one. Most of my characters are human or cyborg anyway, so I might have to reroll a couple or wait to see what it would cost to unlock them. Of all the restrictions I think this is the one I never thought worked well with this hybrid model. Pretty much all perks across the system lock and unlock the same for all players when they go between free and paid, but the species one is the only one that penalizes some people and not others for a core character creation choice that doesn't even have an advantage.