View Single Post

SciFiDude
10.21.2012 , 08:55 PM | #99
I'm not going to bother asking any questions because we're clearly not getting answers. However, it would be nice if the video had cleared up a few issues. (or if a BioWare employee would actually get on here and answer some stuff)

It says "free" players get a choice of 3 races. However, those of us who have bought the game aren't really free players, so we shouldn't be restricted by this if we stop paying. I bought this game back in February for $49.99 ($10 off of the original price) and I've paid for several months of subscriptions. I'll by no means be a "free" player if I stop subscribing because I've certainly paid my dues in this game (got my "Founder" title and everything.) I currently have Chiss and Rattataki characters, I shouldn't have to give up anything during the transition because those races came with the game that I bought. The same goes for other things that "free" players won't get (because they haven't paid for anything.) Obviously, people who stop paying shouldn't get everything subscribers get, but they also shouldn't be treated like they've paid for nothing. There needs to be a middle ground.

IF somebody from BioWare would actually come on here and acknowledge such concerns, it would be nice. If I'm going to lose all my stuff, I can probably keep my 3-month recurring subscription, but I also think it's unfair to treat people who stop paying as if they're just like people who have never paid anything for the game. Some games do this, others have a "middle ground" for people who have paid real money for the game. (DC Universe Online has a setup like this)

So, instead of just telling us what free and paid players get, also tell us what paid players who (may) decide to go free will get! Geez, I hate the suspense. I've been there for a few F2P transitions now and it's always a headache trying to figure out these things.