View Single Post

Banderal
10.21.2012 , 12:32 PM | #1
I don't know what you call it, but I was just in a match were we won using this "strategy". It's where it seems like the whole team, instead of trying to beat down the defenders, stand in various places and keep trying to cap. Sure you don't get very far before someone stops you, but since there's 5 of you doing it and you each get a little bit each time, and since capping those turrets is cumulative, you eventually get it. This was in a PUG, so I doubt it was a planned action. I think we got it part way "ninja" capped, and that just inspired everyone else to try to finish it up.

So it got me thinking... is this a valid strategy? Do you think it's useful to try for this on purpose? Seems like it might work if you could keep pressure on the other side (so they don't get a breather to undo your effort), but if you don't really have enough firepower to wipe them out for a "clean cap".

When I've been on the other side of it, it seems hard to defend against, but then I don't usually play a class that has much for AoE. I wonder if even AoE classes can break it up though, since NC has such a wide area that you can stand in to do a cap.