View Single Post

10.20.2012 , 07:40 PM | #21
(( Cross-posting for Gelly ))

Serlynne finished yet another cup of caf and let out a frustrated sigh.

Damn… this is going nowhere. Perhaps coming here wasn’t the best idea in the first place.

In all fairness, it wasn’t the first time the assassin had to wait for her target in an ambush, but before she had always known who she was waiting for and for how long, not to mention she always had a clear contract for the target’s head. This time Serlynne was here because she was simply curious and thought something interesting might happen… only it didn’t. Instead, all she had was the endless boredom of waiting for something unknown to occur. There also was the whole matter of dealing with Rainbird afterwards. It was only a matter of time before he would find out that someone used his name to gain trust from Coruscant Security Service, and Rainbird wasn’t the kind of guy who would be fooled by some stupid makeup and a fake ID.

I’ll have to stay clear of Coruscant… no, from the whole of Republic space, until I can get in his good graces again (read: kill a few high-ranking Imperials). Hope there won’t be any Sith among them…

Serlynne’s sober thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a low “beep” from her datapad. She almost jumped out of surprise… and relief.

Finally! Someone got in their system!

It was a small but useful perk of Serlynne’s own backdoor – it could detect another unauthorized attempt to enter the system it was installed in. After all, you never know who else might be interested in your target…

Serlynne quickly started to process the data her program was able to get about this mysterious intruder. It turned out to be much more difficult then the assassin had originally thought: not only was the unknown hacker damn good, she also had to keep her own presence hidden from the security programs. And this was where Serlynne had her greatest advantage – no matter how skillfull her opponent was, he had no idea she was in the system too and was looking for him, so his major concern was to stay hidden only from the system itself.

So it was only a matter of time before Serlynne was able to pinpoint her target’s location – not the exact coordinates, of course; the data she obtained were very vague, but enough to start searching.

In any case it’s better then just sitting here and waiting for Rainbird to send his goons to arrest me.

However, before leaving, Serlynne took some time to look at the camera footage, that the hacker worked so hard to hide: a woman with light-brown hair tricking a guard and escaping the building. She couldn’t help but smile.

Nice job there, sister.

Even before Serlynne could finish this thought, she was overwhelmed by a brief memory from her own past.

“Your little 'sister' is dead now, and it is all your fault! Are you happy now, bi*ch?!”

Serlynne furiously shook her head to drive the unwanted memory back. She had no time to relive the failures of the past. Her future quarry was waiting.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."