View Single Post

bright_ephemera
10.18.2012 , 04:02 PM | #1
For quite some time I've had images of a three(ish)-panel comic for a warrior that turned out differently from all my fic and gameplay ones. So now I present Sevasht Warwiggins, sorta kinda sometimes LS...well, mostly grey...Sith Warrior! This unassuming Sith Pureblood finds himself dropped into the action in the Warrior story near the end of Korriban. I think I'll present most of these as descriptions of comic descriptions because I'm too lazy to rewrite old notes and because I'm curious about the format.

(NEW: A PDF with the entire 3SWar run is now available for download!)
---

An office on Korriban. Sevasht, Vette, and Lord Baras present.
Baras: Apprentice! Your training at the Sith Academy is at an end. I grant this Twiílek slave as a gift for you.
- frame -
Sevasht: Vette. Arenít you the convict they sent to help me find the Secret Saber of Aaugh?
Vette: Yup.
Sevasht: Didnít you mouth off until I buried you under two tons of rock in a tomb half a mile beneath the surface?
Vette: Yup.
- frame -
Vette: You did a lousy job, it took me about ten minutes to get out.
Sevasht: Lord Baras...
Baras: DO NOT QUESTION MY GENEROSITY, SEVASHT.
Sevasht, resignedly: Yes, master.
Vette beams.

---

A sunbaked shuttle pad on Korriban. Sevasht, Vette, and Lord Baras present.
Baras: The time has come, apprentice. We must proceed to Dromund Kaas to begin your true work in my service.
- A huge blinged-out yacht lands. A ramp extends in a puff of steam and possibly a strain of music. -
Baras: Until then, luxury and and properly stocked bar await.
- frame: Baras on ramp, turning back to toss a tiny cred stick -
Baras: This should cover the taxi. Meet you there.
- frame: Ship zooms off. -

---

A sunbaked shuttle pad on Korriban. Sevasht, Vette, and a couple of Sith guardsmen present.
Text overlay: Waiting for the Dromund Kaas shuttle...
Vette: So when do you get a second lightsaber?
Sevasht: What?
- frame -
Vette: You've spent the last hour making vwooping noises and waving two imaginary lightsabers. I only helped you steal one. What gives?
Sevasht: I'll get the other one soon. It'll be a level before I can use it.
- frame: a nearby guard is suddenly brandishing a weapon in a startled Sevasht's direction. -
Nearby Guard: THAT'S A SECRET.
Sevasht: !! sorry
Vette: 'Level'?
Sevasht: Uh, nothing. Never mind.

---

On board a shuttle. Sevasht is rifling through some cabinets.
Vette: So, uh, master.
Sevasht: Please. Sev to my friends.
Vette: I'm not really your friend so much as your slave.
Sevasht: Whatever. What's up?
Vette: If you do want to be friends, maybe we could start by taking my collar off?
- frame. Sevasht blinks. -
Sevasht: No.
Vette: Come on. Pretty please?
Sevasht: You're the first slave I've ever had. All the other kids at school had slaves, but not me. I'm not giving you up now just because you're a person or whatever.
- Sevasht frowns at the cabinets. -
Sevasht: There is nothing to eat here. I'll order Tionese when we hit Dromund Kaas. Want anything?
Vette: Freedom?
Sevasht: Nuh-uh. Want anything fifty credits or less?
Vette sulks.

---

Dromund Kaas spaceport. Shuttle coming in.
- Frame: Sevasht and Vette exiting. -
Sevasht : Home sweet home.
Vette: Youíre from around here?
Sevasht : Yeah, Kaas City born an' bred.
- Frame: Hangar, armed guards, a few miserable-looking slaves, one guy on his knees being menaced by uniformed thugs. Dramatic lightning outside the window. -
Vette: That explains a few things.

---

DROMUND KAAS

---

A hangar near Kaas City. Sevasht and Vette approach a shuttle and the soldiers surrounding it.
Sevasht: Your bad*** delivery boy is here to pick up...uh...something. Baras was being dramatically vague.
The soldiers wrestle out a tremendous carbonite slab. It's roughly half again Sevasht's height and also twice his width. -
Vette, arms akimbo, looking up at the frozen man: Welp. Have fun lifting that one.

---

A hangar near Kaas City. Sevasht, Vette, soldiers, a ship, and a huge carbonite block sit in the middle. Two parties start walking in from opposite sides.
Goon One, a sketchy human: Not so fast. My master wants that block of ice.
Goon Two, a Houk: Too bad for you. It mine.
Sevasht. Wrong and wrong, guys.
Goon Two: Me kill you both.
Sevasht: Whoa, whoa, not necessary. Rock paper scissors?
- Goons One and Two glare at Sevasht. -

---

A hangar crowded by a shuttle, some useless soldiers, Goon One and his cronies, Goon Two and his cronies, plus Vette and Sevasht. -
Goon Two: Me kill, take carbon block.
Sevasht, facepalming: Any killing today will be by me, of you, so I can feast on your remains. I haven't eaten yet and I'm in a hell of a bad mood.
- frame: Goons One and Two look at each other. Sevasht, visible between them, looks ferocious. -
- frame: Twin puffs of dust and streaks in opposite directions as the goons flee. Sevasht looks satisfied in the middle. -
Sevasht: I love it when that works.
Vette: ...When the threat works. Right? Just the threat?
Sevasht: Yeah, sure. So! Lunch?

---

A rainy clearing in the jungles of Dromund Kaas. Sevasht and Vette face a small knot of civilians.
Text overlay: Another task for Baras...
Sevasht: Hey, slave-overseer-guy? Rebellion ringmaster?
Ringmaster: That's me. You here to crush us? You'd be the twelfth guy today.
Sevasht: Nah, I just want you to stop blackmailing Lord Baras. He paid you guys to make trouble for his rivals and now you're threatening to tell?
Ringmaster: Yeah. Honestly, we'd be rebelling anyway.
- Frame: The cold face of the Unfinished Colossus. -
Ringmaster: That over there, it's supposed to be Darth Vowrawn. Commissioned by his disciple Lord Qet to suck up. But it's an artistic travesty. It doesn't look a thing like him.
Sevasht: Darth who?
Ringmaster: You don't know who Darth Vowrawn is?
Sevasht: Wait, let me check my codex.
Frame: Back with Sevasht and co. Sevasht has his holo out. Ringmaster is leaning in looking enraged.
Ringmaster: THAT'S A SECRET.
Vette: Huh?
Ringmaster: NOTHING. Vowrawn's a Dark Council guy who doesn't look like that. gestures Let's move along.

---

Sevasht and Vette stand before the slave rebellion ringmaster in the rainy jungle.
Sevasht: So I'm supposed to kill you all if you don't ease up on Baras, you know, stop threatening to reveal his involvement.
Ringmaster: Huh.
Sevasht: Actually I'm supposed to kill you all anyway.
Ringmaster: ...Easing up on him sounds good. We'll do that.
Sevasht: Thought so. Have fun butchering Darth Vowrawn's visage.
Ringmaster: Refusing to butcher Darth Vowrawn's visage.
Sevasht: Right, that. Bye!

---
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST