View Single Post

Grinstone
10.17.2012 , 11:21 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by MilesTheFox View Post
We should not be allowed to complain about a lack of content for the entire first year.
I'm just gonna come out and say it. If you were one of the players that hit 50 in the first week, you shouldn't even be allowed to post on the forums, and if you complained about lack of an end game in that time frame, you should be permabanned with no second chances.
This is the first MMO of it's kind - story-heavy, fully-voiced content. That is what the majority of players liked the most in this game; the leveling and the story. Content like that is going to take more time to generate. And I certainly hope that's the kind of content that is consistently generated, because if not, F2P or not, this game will fall even further than it has in terms of sub count.
This game is not about having one character and getting better and better and better gear (that's actually what I detest most about MMO's). No, the Legacy system was built around re-rolling once you hit 50, to experience another story, and the Legacy system gave you options to have a small leg-up with a new character.
A bit dramatic for my tastes, but I agree with the spirit of the sentiment. Nothing makes me want to apply my forehead to my desk quite like people complaining that any new MMO doesn't have all the content and features of an MMO that's been out for three or four years, or longer.

I also feel inclined to share a post by the user "DrSnerkles1" made on Massively that touches on this. The text in the quotation marks at the very beginning is text quoted from the article to which he was responding.

Spoiler
If it bleeds it's probably pissed that you shot it.