View Single Post

Aurbere
10.17.2012 , 10:32 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I really don't feel that Meetra was downplayed as much as you guys say. Here's what I think:

1: Revan was obviously the main character in the book. This in itself bumps Meetra down a bit. I understand how this annoys people though.

2: Her death was very quick and un-epic. This sucks for us all. Poor writing on Drew's part.

But in terms of how Revan's character was handled, I think that Drew did a great job. Sue me. I feel like you guys are being a little unfair to Drew. Besides the Exile and besides the whole using two sides of the force, what was THAT bad about the novel? I though it was great.
Revan was the main character, but you still have to acknowledge the feats and accomplishments, as well as the powers of the other characters. Meetra was handled very poorly, to the point that she shouldn't have even been in the book. She went from savior of the galaxy to Star Trek Red shirt. Maybe not that bad, but you can see my point.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku