View Single Post

TaafeMJ
10.17.2012 , 01:45 AM | #10
I've leveled to 50 in Gunslinger sharpshooter tree, and Operative healing tree (which is the same as Sawbones). I much, much preferred the healing/stealth, but that may be because it fits my personality.

With the Sharpshooter tree, you're very much a stationary turret. You do very large amounts of single-target DPS, but you're limited in what you can do as far as AoE goes. Energy management was almost never a problem with me, and beating the class story was fairly easy.

My Operative (Sawbones equivalent) was...almost laughably easy. With healing, decent DPS in PvE, two forms of CC (one for droids, one for organics) and a stealth ability that lets you leave a fight if it gets too tough, I don't think I died even once. Plus, this was my favorite healing class.

Having played a stealthy character, it's very hard to go back to someone who isn't stealthy. I like being able to skip fights if, say, I've gone into a cave and don't really feel like fighting back out again. I like being able to sneak to PvP objectives on the rare occasion I play it.

But find a playstyle that works for you. From the sound of things, the dirty fighting tree might be something you'd enjoy.