View Single Post

Iron-wolf
10.13.2012 , 12:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Webalienz View Post
Let me first state that I am admittedly a solo-playing person. I'm new to MMOs, and even though I have two characters up to lvl 50, I still feel like I'm learning how to play properly (i.e. - Holding my own and not making anyone that I'm grouped up with upset with me.)

I decided to start leveraging the group finder (primarily because the guild I'm in is not that big, yet, and there haven't been many people online to group up with). I did two Flashpoints (one was HM: BT and I believe the other one was HM: False Emperor) previously and started them both out by saying, "Hey, I'm a new 50, and new to MMO in general. Please let me know if any mechanics I should know about."

I picked up right away in both, that most people just want to ride their speeders around mobs and only interact with bosses. While I've noticed that the drops weren't as many when we did have to fight a mob, I have found this kind of weird since you miss out on possible random premium loot drops. But, I'll go along with what the group wants to do.

Anyways, I get pulled into Directive 7 with a group. They seemed to know where to go on their speeders to get around the mobs. It seemed the path to take was a lot trickier than other Flashpoints. So I ended up falling 2-3 times into a mob. After the third time, one of the group member types "gdit i hate you". I decide to say nothing. Next thing that happens is I get voted out of the group.

So is this kind of behavior commonplace or did I just run into a bad group? I'd also be happy for any suggestions/comments on how I could even make it clearer to folks that I'm still getting the hang of the game. I think I'm just going to try to get some more people in the guild I'm in and hope to find 3 or more folks who are on in the evenings to run Flashpoints and Daily Heroics with me.
I know what your're going through. I had a bad experience the other morning. I was doing one of the random quest through group finder. Don't remember the mission. It's the one where you go through some sort of theater. Two of us said at the begining that we never did the quest. Anyway the other guy ran into a mob and the group wiped out. One of he jerks said if you pull again I'm leaving. Second time there was a part in the mission that required someone to man the cannon. They told one of us to man the cannon. I didn't know how to operate it. We wiped again (that was my fault). The two jerks were like, this ain't happening and then rage quit from the group. I sent a whisper to one of them and pretty much told them at least most of the other players I played with was kind enough to explain things out instead of barking out orders and rage quitting. After that i put both those clowns in my ignore list. This is one of the main reasons why I pretty much play solo and avoid joining any guilds. Don't have the patience anymore to deal with some brain damaged moron.

Anyway good luck in setting up a good guild. I hope everything works out for the best for you.