Thread: lock box debate
View Single Post

10.12.2012 , 10:09 PM | #31
After reading through this thread, I went over to check the STO forums and see what has been going on.

It looks like almost everything worth having is still in lockboxes. For instance, you can (or could) obtain a Wells-class temporal vessel, temporal uniforms, temporal vessel bridges, and on and on.

I remember posting about how cool it would be to have one of these ships years ago when the game first launched. It was one of the things I wanted most, because I always loved the Voyager episode "Relativity".

But these things are all found by opening these stupid lockboxes, and all requiring keys purchased with real money. Although I've wanted that ship for so long, first off, I no longer even have an interest in playing the game now that SWTOR is out, and second, there's no way I'm buying and getting into that lockbox crap to try and win one.

Looks like all other development short of adding in some new grinds and one new sector to the game has been cut off in favor of producing more crap in these stupid lock boxes.

I really, really hope SWTOR doesn't get into that.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...