View Single Post

Kalfear
10.11.2012 , 05:49 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by mourasantos View Post
Rhetorical question, of course you are (that is unless you've yet to hit level 50).

The real question is which would you prefer: MORE flashpoints, or seeing the developers tinker substantialy with the existing ones so that they become more dynamic, unpredeictable, and immersive experiences?
Yes and no!

I find myself getting bored of the fast runs where you skip 3/4 of the flashpoint content to speed up the run

I mean im legacy level 49 and have 4 almost 5 50s on my current server so there is only a couple flashpoints I havent done (Did Foundry today for first time and was blown away by it. Best Flashpoint story in game by far) and clearly dont need the xp. But Im there for the social experience now more then anything else and running past everything not saying a word just is kinda dull!

I find im missing the old social aspect of the original EQ, DAoC, FFXI down times more and more.

Modern games move at such a fast pace that the socialization no longer seems to be there and thus its much much much harder to make friends in a PUG setting.

I think the insistance of burning through content with nary a word between group mates plays a big part in content getting old and stale!

Ask your self

Why is something as brilliant as Esseles or Black Talon getting old after say 20 30 minute runs (or shorter depending on group) yet players could sit at the same giant spawn every day (4-8 hours a day) for 3 weeks and have positive and enjoyable experiences back in EQ?

From my veiwpoint the missing element is the socialization that happened at the giant spawn in EQ. in 10 minutes of downtime those groups spoke more to each other then your average PUG will if it ran 4 flashpoints back to back now a days!

And thus, with every single spec of attention on the flashpoint rather then the social element

you get bored of the same thing over and over because unlike the PUGs conversing and laughing at the Giant spawn. TOR Flashpoints really are the same thing repeated.

Its not the game thats boring you in this situation.

Least thats how it appears to me.
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it