View Single Post

Neoforcer
10.10.2012 , 03:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Every single day I play I get a minimum of 2 crashes. Yesterday I got two and the same "Faulting application swtor.exe, version 1.0.0.0, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5781, fault address 0x00012afb" for one of them.

Bioware.
It is NOT my kernel32.dll that is the problem because I have restored it off the Win XP disk.
It's not "repair function" because I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game.
It's not my memory, memtest scans fine.
It is not my Windows needing updated, because it is and has been updated a few days ago manually.
It is not my Hard drive, scandsk comes back fine. I am a PC nerd so know my system.
It's not my graphics card because I have the drivers that you, Bioware, yourself suggested people with Nvidia use.
It is not Java, as someone suggested, because it is up to date. (that idea is ridiculous anyway)
Have to totally agree with ya the only different between me and you is i am a pc repair tech and went as far as testing 3 independent PC's randomly. With the same crashes, Bellow in the spoilers is my original ticket and the response i just got back. CS at this point is a joke. Bioware your CS cant read or refuses to read sending out placebo fixes on wrong issues does not help your customers. IF CS is reading this please for the love of all things holy send the info to the devs.

What CS asked me to try the first time
Spoiler

What I sent as a reply
Spoiler

The reponce to my ticket
Spoiler

Vsync and setting low graphic are sure to stop memory leaks and random crashing on state of the art pc
Quote:
Processor: Intel Core i7 960 3.2GHz (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58 Intel X58 Chipset SATA 6Gb
6GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
Power Supply: 800W Corsair GS (Dual SLI Compatible)
Hard Drive 1TB Hitachi/Seagate (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache)
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer (Play Blu-Ray and Burn DVDs)
Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB