View Single Post

thecordler
12.20.2011 , 01:29 AM | #24
why is it that everyone says the Jedi are against emotion, they fully understand it and accept it. THEY TEACH THAT A JEDI MUST OVERCOME HIS EMOTION! there is no emotion there is peace, if one can overcome and clear their judgement of emotion they can bring peace to themselves and resolve any conflict about their actions.

to quote yoda "do not mourn the loss of life, we must rejoice in their becoming one with the force." The idea of this statement is clear, do not let the despair of loss overtake you, find peace and joy in the fact that people die and become apart of the infinite energy surrounding and flowing through us.

Another Yoda "Pain. Suffering. Death, I feel. Something terrible has happened. Young Skywalker is in pain. Terrible pain" notice the word I FEEL.

another Yoda "You will know… when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack." the idea is to think with a clear mind, any emotional disposition always sway your decisions.

Finally

To quote obi-wan "Anakin you betrayed the jedi order, you were my brother, I LOVED YOU" he was then able to relinquish his bond with anakin to leave him to suffer in agony and burn to death, while simultaneously leaving him with the chance to survive.

Another Obi-wan quote "He is like my brother...I cannot do it" clearly if the jedi ignored emotion yoda would have said something prolific, however Obi-wan was able to catch himself have his moment and clear his head and do what is right.

The jedi have never been about not experiencing emotion, they are about overcoming the attachments and devotions that EMOTIONS themselves bring, they teach not to LET emotions dictate your actions as in the STAR WARS universe there is a darkside that influences the mind of force users empowering their emotions to incredibly dictatorial effects that rule an individual.