View Single Post

Ophidion
10.08.2012 , 10:22 AM | #16
I think rob_y has shown why it is that there's a huge range of damage being done by Rage/Focus now-a-days. When power is getting amplified so much, the power-stacked war hero PvPers are doing ridiculous damage while everyone else is essentially down with the rest of us scrambling to keep up with them. From personal experience as a sage trying to stack power (at the cost of most of my other secondary stats) the yield was unimpressive because my procs and abilities don't emphasize the power stat as much. Sage DPS is sustain, not burst, so the damage boost from stacking power is limited. The only saving grace was Force Potency which let me get high crit chance when I wanted to make up for my lower critical rating but even then the results were mixed.

The reason I'm bringing this up is to show how other classes that stack power (or other stats even) have a limit to their gains while the Rage/Focus spec do not seem to have this concern. So I'd be very interested to hear input from a developer to see what their thought process was on these changes.

However, as a realist, I'm going to try to make sure I'm not standing terribly close to my allies so much anymore because clearly I'm not helping my own cause when I'm giving a sweeper 3-4 packed in and juicy targets. Our best chance to "counter" them is to keep our distance from each other to prevent massive damage. Obviously this is not an ideal solution, and some will argue not a solution at all, but it's the only realistic thing I can see us doing to limit the damage output of Rage/Focus.