View Single Post

Nezumi
10.08.2012 , 12:32 AM | #33
Forgive me if my Class choices seem Imperial Biased.

Imperial Commando (Rifles/Cannons)

One thing they haven't let us play as is the soldiers of the Empire. As much as republic trooper is awesome I feel that giving Imperials something along those lines would be the best route to go. It would provide much more information through class story on the workings of the Imperial Military. From a game play standpoint, I figure it would employ similar abilities to a trooper but it wouldn't basically be a BH with Rifles and Cannons.

As for story, it would start out in a similar tone to the Republic Trooper story, an above average soldier being recruited to an elite squad. However the starter would be in an Imperial Military Academy where you're being trained, throughout you'd perform rigorous challenges and compete with fellow soldiers much as you did on Dromund Kaas in the great hunt. All culminating in something of a final Exam, which turns in to something much more. A Republic strike team sent to assault the academy, it turns you into a hero and a promotion to the Imperial equivalent of Havoc Squad.

Now for the basics of the class
In my head I envision a soldier archetype with abilities that support his allies though helpful buffs of a defensive or offensive nature, and the ability to weather damage without providing any genuine healing so i'd say we're looking at a Tank/DPS/Defensive Support AC and an offensive Support/DPS (Fitting more appropriately in to straight dps like snipers and marauders). Maybe Imperial Marine (DPS) and Imperial Shocktrooper (Tank).

Mandalorian Soldier (Rifles/MeleeWeapon)(Tank/DPS) Born and bred to be a Mandalorian you've spent your entire life among the warrior clans. This class would Employ a primarily DPS role with team buffs that emphasize offensive damage. The Mandalorians were known for a ruthless cunning in combat so this class would emphasize that on both sides of the AC.
Granted you already experience parts of Mandalorian culture via the BH story. But this would take you far more in to it than you've ever been before in any game prior. Not really certain what to call the ac's that wouldn't overlap with other classes. You'd likely have electrostaff or some kind of vibrosword as one AC's primary weapon and it would be a mostly melee class with some ranged specials either an inherent charge, or a pull. The other would focus on Rifles and maybe introducing a new weapon type, shotguns as a primary weapon. which could mean the class overall is a short ranged class with AOE abilities.

Republic Classes might be SIS and possibly some kind of Republic bounty hunter I guess? Republic warrant officer. :P

I'll elaborate more on these in another post at another time.

An alternative to that is maintaining the 8 classes they have now, and instead of making an entirely new class, provide at some point of the story, like at the end of chapter 1 or at the end of your starter planet. An opportunity to switch sides, Once you do you have an -entirely- new storyline to go through. Realistically however given how all classes s tart out, it only really seems feasible to work it in for a bh, a smuggler and a trooper (Who knows maybe he's been enlightened to the republic's misdeeds and no longer wants to represent them)

Option 2 is basically a glorified way to give both sides a new variety of weaponry choices while adding more story content.
However it is significantly less plausible for Jedi and Sith, unless the light side and darkside choices throughout your story genuinely affected how you sat in the Empire or republic and affected where you ended up.

Sorry for writing so much. Just happens.