View Single Post

Halthay
10.07.2012 , 05:10 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Going to level with you here, I've never seen gear as the real reward in endgame.
Gear allows people to do the tougher endgame content (although let's face it, prior to HM Terror we never really had an difficult content in this game) and thus is a means to an end, not an end in and of itself.

That's why I never complained about Nightmare EV/KP dropping Rakata, because for a long time there was no content after Nightmare EV/KP and thus no need for better gear.

For people who raid for a sense of Camaraderie and accomplishment, it's the challenge that gives you that warm feeling inside when you clear an Operation after hours of wipes. Gear's nice, but it's there to make it feasible to do new content, not the reward for doing new content.

Now, if you're so good that HM TFB bored you... then yes, that's a legitimate complaint.
I'm still only 2/5 HM and must have wiped a hour on HM Writhing Horror alone, so I'm liking the new stuff.
If the only objective is the challenge of progression and killing new bosses, without the need or the extra incentive of gearing up, then I will only do TFB once. When I kill the last boss I will not do it again because there is no need of gear. After finishing TFB once I will suspend my subscription until new content is available.

I realy don't think this is the purpose of Bioware when the do that lousy job on the loot tables.
The time has come to show ourselves to the universe, to let them blind under our darkness, to beg for our mercy.