View Single Post

Gidrea
10.07.2012 , 01:30 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by WHearth View Post
I'm new to mmos, and have a few questions.

1. If I'm in a group and I loot a monster we all killed, am I stealing from my teammates, or do we get our own drops?

2. Does an area level me down if I'm too high level? For instance, if I'm level 50 and go back to my starting planet, do my stats stay the same or does the area drop me down so that I'm not just face rolling everything?

3. What is the point of a guild (since usually you can find groups to play with in general chat)?

4. If you are interested in joining a guild, how do you find one that is a good fit for you?

Thanks for the help!
1. Loot options are set by the group leader, the default is Round Robin, which means everyone gets a turn at looting. Higher value items are rolled for. You will get a dialogue box in which you choose "need" or "greed". Only choose "need" if you can use the item right away, not later, not for your companion, not for your alternate character, unless the group agrees.

2. No, if you go to your starting planet at level 50 you will be one shotting everything. It's kinda fun.

3. Guilds are social, and you can get a lot of help with things, some guilds have groups events. You get get int groups by watching general chat or using the group finder, so it's really up to you how you want to play.

4. The best way to find a guild is read the Guild Recruitment sub-forum on your server's forum. http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=309
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!