Thread: Respect Revan
View Single Post

BrandonSM
10.07.2012 , 11:00 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Brandon: I would agree with you for the most part. Here's where our thoughts vary:

I don't think that Luke and Sidious would wipe the floor with Revan. Granted I think they'd beat him, but not like a landslide victory as you say. However, I think Revan could come pretty close with Sidious. That's all my OPINION. I don't think anyone has to agree with this specific thought of mine because it isn't supported by canon.

And I also think that using both sides of the force would be poweful as well as upredictable. But you've got to realize that he isn't using the passions of the dark side to their fullest. Revan is only using passions like love and compassion (this is canon 'cause it said so in the book). So it's not as contradictory as some may think.
Lets debate. What does Revan, canon and ability wise, have that can top Sidious?

Sidious beat Yoda, and Yoda is canonly the most powerful Jedi pre-Luke. And Revan in his prime is Jedi. This is stated by Leland Chee himself.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
"Inside the spacious interior of the Galactic Senate chambers, Yoda challenged the Emperor. The two entered into a spectacular duel -- a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force's light and dark sides. The Emperor proved too powerful to defeat. Though Yoda held his own for much of the duel, in the end, the Sith bested him. He realized that directly confronting the Sith would be doomed to failure. Defeated, Yoda slinked away into the shadows of the Senate chamber's cavernous depths, leaping into a waiting getaway speeder piloted by Bail Organa."

This was taken from Leland Chee himself. Sidious was more powerful than Yoda. Yoda realized that directly facing Sidious was doomed to failure. It also states that Sidious was too powerful for him to defeat. Nowhere does it state that Yoda wasn't in his prime. It pretty much comes down to this. Yoda may be the most powerful Jedi pre-Luke. However, Sidious was simply a more powerful Sith. If you watch the scenes you'll notice that except in two instances it almost seemed as if Sidious was playing with him. The only two times he seemed worried was when he was being pushed back in a saber lock and also when Yoda was absorbing his force lightning.
(Off-topic: If only Rhyltran was still on the Forums)

And EU Sidious is just outright godly in terms of the Dark-Side. Creating Force Storms that consumed planets and New Republic Fleets.

And Luke is canonically 200% of Sidious.

And for those that are gonna bring up Sid's duel with Mace. Because someone will.

Quote:
Notice in the saber duel between Sidious and Windu when Sidious was being forced back the entire time he seemed very unhappy. If it was his personally not to take things seriously he'd be smiling and laughing during that too but he isn't. It's also been confirmed that Sidious did lose the lightsaber bout with mace but that's understandable given that's Mace windu's strongest element. In revenge of the sith it stated that just before Sidious stopped with the lightning Windu was going to lose his grip on his saber.

So.. it goes like this..

Sidious saber combat < Windu's saber combat.

Sidious Saber skill = Yoda's saber skill

Sidious use of the force > Both Windu and Yoda.

Note during Windu's duel with Sidious he gave himself more fully to his form Vaapad than ever before. He tapped into what he was afraid would corrupt him. Making him far more powerful than before. It's likely in that moment in his duel with Sidious Windu was truly at his best and most likely rivaled Yoda at that specific point. Maybe even stronger for the moment. I believe (and this part is speculation) if he did win against Sidious he probably would have fallen at that point
You can argue with anyone else about Revan being pinned against any Opponent EXCEPT for Sidious and Luke because its literally canon they would wipe the floor with anyone besides eachother or Abeloth...
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."