Thread: Respect Revan
View Single Post

10.06.2012 , 05:20 PM | #20
Your entire Original Post is listing Revan's Pros and none of his cons while you list every opponent's cons and no pros.

First off Revan was ONE of the greatest duelists of his time, while Exar Kun was THE Greatest Duelist of the Jedi definitely an extremely talented Sith.

Using both sides of the Force isn't that powerful, considering that there are many light-sided only or dark-sided only that would wipe the floor with Revan like Sidious or Luke(I seriously hope you acknowledge that they would wipe the floor with Revan. At least those two! Sure you can argue with anyone else but with those guys there is no arguement unless your pinning them against eachother or Abeloth which is very debatable).

The reason so many had a problem with Revan using both sides at the same time is because it practically violated G-Canon. George has stated that the Light-side is the Force and Dark-Side is the Cancer and that for their to be balance is to have no Dark-Side. So for Revan to be both at the same time its like... being completely healthy and having the worst disease in the world. Its like being serene and having all the rage in the world. Do you see where I am coming from?

But until it is in fact retconned or Leland Chee/Lucas come out and say its flat out non-canon were going to have acknowledge the events in that book.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."