View Single Post

criminalheretic
10.06.2012 , 04:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LordExozone View Post
I must say I love the 30% AOE damage reduction the AP tree gives me. I think I haven't been hit above 3.7k by smash since 1.4

Also, while I agree smash can do extreme damage in certain conditions to players with crappy gear, it is also an attack that is fairly easily evaded. It is predictable so you know when to use your defensive abilities to negate it. It also misses a fair amount of times if you are not caught in a charge -> smash -> push -> charge -> choke -> smash sequence (which is usually your own fault for allowing to happen, though sometimes cannot be prevented)
All fair points, and I also get that the Rage/Focus spec is something of a one trick pony, and that is their one trick. But I think when the single hardest hitting attack in the game, is both AoE AND Instant, there is something fundamentally wrong. Ravage... Ravage should be the hardest hitting attack that any warrior class or spec has, period. In fact every class/spec's hardest hitting ability should always be a 3 second channeled ability, and it certainly shouldnt affect 5 people at once.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger