Thread: Respect Revan
View Single Post

MasterMe
10.06.2012 , 04:27 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
1. Luke Skywalker, Darth Sidious, Darth Vader, Mace Windu, Yoda, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Cin Drallig, Kyp Durron, Kyle Katarn, Darth Caedus, Jaina Solo... need I go on. All of these people are off the top of my head on who could beat Revan in a Lightsaber duel. Notice how all of them are from a future era. That my friend is canon.

2. Canderous Ordo praised Revan for joining the fight and defeating the Mandalorians. But that doens't change the fact that Revan didn't come up with his tactics on his own. He used Mandalorian tactics and his forces to gain the victory.

3. To push Meetra to be stronger. That was the main purpose (imo) of it. She put Meetra next to Revan and said that Revan was better. Notice how she later says that Meetra is her greatest student.

4. Again you misunderstand because of the wording of the book. And, yes there are contradictory subjects in Star Wars, but you can't contradict G-canon. And every G-canon source dictates that using both sides is impossible.

5. Yes I am. For story purposes only. At the time of the Foundry fight, the Imperial classes were not at there best. However, after that fight they become more powerful. An example of that is Kallig 'eating' more Force ghosts. After the fight with Malgus, Kallig could take Revan alone. he is one of the most powerful DC members. I did not take this from a level perspective as it has no meaning to me, I made my argument from a story timeline perspective.
1: Are you kidding me? You can't prove that any of the named duelists are better Revan! Does it say anywhere specifically that these people are better then Revan? No! So please don't state it like it's fact. Yes, I would agree that SOME of the named duelists are better then Revan, but that is an opinion. If you can name where it said these people are better duelists then Revan I'll be shocked.

2: How do you know Revan didn't make up his own tactics? You have no proof of that either! And what if he did use Mando tactics? They worked! I'm not visiting this subject again because like I said earlier he was praised by a man who studied war his whole life. If you don't want to reckognize that fact, then I give up.

3: Again; where's your proof? Unless you can proove that Kreia's intentions where as you've stated, then we must take what she said literally.

4: This whole canon thing is an impossible debate. I'm choosing to see the Revan novel as fact, and you aren't. Did Lucas say himself (and I don't mean through a character in a book) that it's impossible to use both sides of the force? I think not. I think he (and other writers) said that it is impossible through characters. If this is so, then it means nothing. If Luke Skywalker said that it was impossible to use both light and dark sides of the force, does that mean it is? No! It means it's impossible to the best of his knowledge, which is veryh different. Luke isn't all knowing, no one is. Did it ever occur to you that Revan may have figured something out that none of the other characters have been able to comprehend?

5: I've already said why your logic for why Malgus is stronger fthen Revan is flawed. Look back at my example and explain it. I'm not even saying that Malgus isn't stronger, but I am saying that the game XP system doesn't proove it.

I'd appreciate it if you listed you opinions as opinions rather then facts.

6: Once again, I'm not saying Revan is all powerful. I AM saying that he's far better then the push over you guys make him out to be. Seriously, do you think that Ki-Adi-Mundi could beat Revan? I'd like to know what canon sources (if any) lead you to this crazy conclusion.