View Single Post

Ranadiel_Marius
10.06.2012 , 06:15 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
You are all clinging to some speculative details while missing the main thing. The whole Star Cabal power is ridiculous and dumb to say the least.

There is no way the whole dark council could be manipulated into doing something as stupid as disbanding Imperial Intelligence. That equals to letting someone convince you to cut off your right hand in normal circumstances. No one is dumb enough to do it.

The worst thing about it is that in the game they haven't even explained how Star Cabal actually pulled it off. I can't blame them because there is no sane or reasonable scenario to explain it. But they shouldn't have made such a stupid story point in the first place.

On top of that, there is no way they could manipulate the Jedi Order.

In conclusion, until BW comes up with some sane and convincing explanations on how Star Cabal manipulated the Sith and the Jedi Order to that extent (which I highly doubt they exists) the Star Cabal will be under "lame" and "unacceptable" category.
Manipulate the information flow and you can pretty much convince anyone of anything. Whisper to the Dark COuncil that Intellegence is not pulling their weight. That the agents are running off chasing things that aren't helping the war effort. That no one is over seeing the agents because all the analysts have gone into comas. Then just show them that their own personal forces are low on trained soldiers. How they are going to react is pretty obvious when presented with that information.

I don't recall any specific instances of the Jedi being manipulated, but still just control the flow of information and you control a person's perception of reality and therefore how they react.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)