View Single Post

Grobluk
10.05.2012 , 04:31 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Problem with this is the statement "in a short time." Don't know if you looked at the itemization in black hole, but it was as bad as DG or worse (which, since it was supplemental, was totally fine). There was usually one to two pieces for the base class that had unlettered mods (and they may have had unusable enhancements...high accuracy pieces for op healers or something of the sort). Without being able to clear EC, you'd be, at most, buying something like one glove per week for about 8 weeks just to get the mods you need and one armoring.
It varies between classes. I was farming EC HM gear, and still had to buy about 8 BH healer boots (as an arsenal merc) for the mods I needed because the campaign gear was so badly itemized.

For everyone except pretty succesful raid groups, you'd be in full 61 mod gear (barring weapons) quicker by sucking up BH commendations than by braving EC HM.

Many raid groups STILL havent cleared EC HM, yet pretty much all non-raiding players in the 5 man pugs are sporting full 61 mods. What does that tell you?

There are many well thought out things in this game. Gear progression and gear itemization are not among them, in my opinion.