View Single Post

Qarran
10.05.2012 , 02:18 PM | #17
Lol. Well, inexperienced peeps have to start somewhere. I have no issues with inexperinced players as long as they listen to directions, which most are eager to do. Pugs for me haven't been too bad.

I did have a healer once who thought he was a dps and I mean really thought he was a dps. He was a sage as and a self proclaimed "great" healer. Yet, he would start the pulls and run into the fray healing himself as he went. He also would speed ahead to scout areas, sound familiar? lol. Now, this wouldn't have been so bad at lower levels, but we were running False Emperor.... yea... we wiped a few times at least. However, after a little instruction, all went well and we managed it.

On the flip side, I used group finder last night to run my alt through Maelstrom Prison. Not sure if it was a bug or what, but only 2 others actually appeared at the starting area. After some debate we decided to give it a try. I was a shadow tank, we had a sage healer, and a commando dps all at level or just a little below. And wow... I mean wow... we ran through every bit of it including the bonus without any wipes and in standard time. Seriously, I'm not a bad player, but I'm just learning how to tank. But the results were better than a standard 4 man run. Anyway... just thought I'd share that because pugs can be great experiences too. It's all in the luck of the draw.