View Single Post

tehrealdealz
10.04.2012 , 09:07 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
I support improvements to Mercs. However, as a group we need to be more clear when making suggestions. All Bounty Hunters aren't Arsenal, or Pyro. All Bounty Hunters aren't even Mercs. So we should make it a point to specify Merc OR Pyro OR Arsenal (or BH in general).

I like the suggestions for allowing Tracer Missile to be cast on the move. However, we should fully think out this suggestion and expand it to Power Shot. They are basically the same attack and by saying only Tracer Missile, you are leaving out Merc Pyros (and even healers). This is not Arsenal vs Pryo, its Mercs vs the world.

Also to the Arsenal guys who hope that a mobile Tracer will make everything better, it wont. Sure it will help you die less in PvP, and put out slightly more damage in PvP. But its only part of the solution. The reason I say this is because Pyro Mercs already are very mobile. We open with a rotation that hits harder than 3 tracers and a heatseeker. So by Arsenal becoming more mobile, its only just catching up to Pyro. You will then have all the same problems Pyro currently has.

Mobile Tracer / Power Shot - a big needed change. This could make Pyro into a borderline viable spec. But for Arsenal, this helps but doesn't bring the spec anywhere near viable in PvP. Arsenal needs 3x more help than Pyro.
I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now that when you talk about merc dps needing help we're mostly talking about the Arsenal tree. The Arsenal tree is the official tree for merc dps bounty hunters if you think about it and it is the tree that needs the most attention. Pyrotech is fine where it's at although it doesnt have the same pop as the PT version, but still gets the job done. Arsenal on the other hand despite what everyone says, is NOT viable in a pvp environment unless the other team is completely brain dead. Don't get me wrong I know there are players that can make the spec work i'm not denying that, but in the hands of the average pvper it's a downright nightmare to make it work against a team of hungry marauders/juggs.

And yes I agree that they should make power shot also castable while moving so as to not leave out those players who really enjoy Pyrotech. I have been playing my Merc since Day 1 and really really enjoy playing him when i'm doing my PVE dailies. It's such a unique and fun class, but I dread doing my pvp daily/weeklys on him because of how infuriating it can be against a decent team.

Bottom line though. Making tracer missile/power shot castable while moving will definatly solve a mercs dps mobility issues and will definatly be a step in the right direction. Will it bring us in line with the rest of the classes? Nope. The merc will still be light years behind marauders/juggs/shadows but at least we'll be somewhat viable in a pvp zone.